One of the earliest and simplest payment gateways for online punters is the Pay by Phone method. The gateway was introduced way back in 2001 but was adopted by the iGaming community in 2003. The gateway is helmed by a central organisation; Payforit, which is backed by four big network carriers of the UK; EE, Vodafone, O2 and 3. There are other brands like Boku, Bango, PayChamp, Fortumo, iPayy, Pay by Phone, and Siru that accept mobile payments. The process of payment is similar in all these brands and it only requires a valid mobile/landline connection. Currently, most UK players are covered by this payment method.
Pay By Phone method simply charges the player’s mobile carrier for their deposits. In this method, the player authorising their mobile company to make payments that will be debited from his account. This is valid for both postpaid and prepaid connections. The method is totally anonymous and no banking information is required. The deposits are also instant and you can start punting within seconds. The process has two simple steps; forwarding a payment request and validating the request. To deposits funds through the Pay By Phone method, simply follow the following steps.
- Choose an online casino that accepts mobile-based payments. You can check out our list of best pay by mobile slots sites that accept deposits from your mobile carrier balance.
- Register yourself with the casino, and head to the cashier section to make your first deposit.
- Choose the Pay by Phone gateway and proceed towards selecting the brand; Boku, Bango, PayChamp, Fortumo, Payforit, Pay by Phone, Siru, and iPayy.
- Select the deposit amount and put in any promo code that you might have. Keep in mind that mobile payments carry certain limits, which can be found in the casino’s terms and conditions. In general, all mobile payments have a £30 daily limit.
- Enter a registered mobile number from which you wish to make the deposit, and then click on deposit.
- Once you initiate the deposit, you will either receive a confirmation text on your registered mobile, usually with a code. The player will have to validate the payment by following the SMS instructions. Boku and Payforit use reverse SMS confirmation while Bango, iPayy, and Pay by Phone use passcodes, that are sent to the registered mobile/landline number and redeemed at the casino. In the case of Siru mobile payments, which is widely used by Scandinavian players, players will find a unique number on their casino page. Calling that number from the registered mobile number would validate the payment.
- Once you validate your payment, you will be able to see your funds in your casino account. It usually takes less than a minute. You will also receive a payment confirmation text on your registered mobile number.
Advantages of Pay by Phone Method
Fast, Secure, and Safe: Pay by Phone deposits are instantaneous and completely secure.
Anonymous: The best part of Pay by Phone deposits is the anonymity. You don’t need to remember your card number or bank details and get started with just your mobile number.
Play Now, Pay Later: With Pay by Phone, you can pay your casinos bills through your post-paid connection.
Disadvantages of Pay by Phone Method
Only limited Amounts Allowed: As mentioned earlier, Pay by Phone only allows small deposits of £30 or less on a daily basis. This may be good to test a new casino but too small for regular punting.
No Withdrawals: Pay by Phone method cant be used for withdrawals, and punters have to choose another gateway while receiving their casino funds.